Jun 20, 2011

the dark days are over...

I haven't told you yet that I am a bookworm, book expert (yeah)  and especially a book lover.
  
My favourite stories are either fantasy/sci-fi stories or crime stories. From time to time I also like historical novels, but I just can't stand stories that are inspired by real incidents... inspired by someone's real life. Life and the horrible things that happen all over the world are bad enough and it's absolutely sufficient to read about these things in the newspaper. Maybe that's naive but it's what I think!


Books and reading books is a way of escaping reality... and a great way too! The last books I read were part of a fantasy/sci-fi trilogy: the hunger games by suzanne collins




A friend of mine told me about the hunger games and said she loved it. I wasn't expecting much - as I normally never like the books someone else likes - but I was seriously impressed with the whole story and the emotional ups and downs it contained.


The story is actually very dystopian and very dark. Characters you care about die, often horribly. There are many great visual moments that linger in your thoughts long after you've left the passage. I enjoyed every single moment of reading these books. Books are only good when they completely unsettle you and these books certainly do. 




Her main character, Katniss Everdeen, and her companion Peeta go through some horribly bad times, action scene after action scene and every time you think it can't get worse... it will. But I don't want to spoil the fun of reading it that's why I won't tell you more than what it says on the book's cover:
   
Winning will make you famous - losing means certain death. In a dark vision of the near future, a terrifying tv show is taking place. Twelve boys and twelve girls are forced to appear in a live event called The Hunger Games. There is only one rule: kill or be killed. But sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen has been close to death before. For her, survival is second nature.
   

And one more thing: what a great read! all of them!

xoxo linskaya
 

Mood: still emotionally shaken
Listening: -
Reading: -
Watching: Primeval
Playing: -
Eating: watermelon
Drinking: water


No comments:

Post a Comment