Oct 20, 2011

a wall for everything


I recently tried my hand at a bit of diy homeworking on an old wooden sunblend. You should know, before I begin, that I knew absolutely nothing about the subject. And truth be told, I still don't. Luckily, my boyfriend does!

We spent a whole (still warm and sunny) saturday in our garden working on these two old sun blends. The idea - I don't like to admit it, but it was his idea - was genious. We wanted to decorate two old wooden sunblends with a blackboard, a metal (magnetic) sheet and lots of clips. In short, we wanted to create the perfect wall for everything: for keeping businesscards, postcards from friends, photographs of funny occasions, menucards to order from take aways and for being able to keep a "To-Do" or shopping list.

I have to admit that I enjoyed myself A LOT! haha... drilling, painting, screwing, polishing, milling... just my kind of stuff! I should definitively do that more often. It's a very liberating feeling when you're dirty and tired but utterly happy... besides the fact that you made something no one else will ever have in just the same way.

So, my female friends, pick up the drill and hammer and get to work!

xoxo linskaya

No comments:

Post a Comment