Nov 5, 2011

marshmallow hot chocolate


I really like to reserve some time on Friday evenings to do whatever I like to do. Strangely enough, I almost always end up reading despite all the university reading during the rest of the week. But I simply love the feeling of slowly reducing the piles of books that surround me all the time. No matter what, I try to really allow myself 2-3 hours of precious me-time every week. And guess what? It reduces stress even better than a yoga class… 

Clearly you need something milky and chocolatey and warm and delicious to go with a good read in your me-time. I’d suggest: marshmallow hot chocolate.  It only makes sense, don’t you think?

Ingredients
3 heaped tablespoons of dark/milk/white (whatever you prefer) chocolate chips
2 (really big) marshmallows
1 cup/mug of milk (any fat content you fancy)
Tiny sugar stars for decoration
  • Gently heat milk over low heat.  Whisk constantly so the milk doesn’t burn.
  • Add the chocolate chips to the hot milk.  Whisk until completely blended and super delicious looking.
  • Add one of the two marshmallows, which you have reduced into smaller pieces. Stir until the marshmallow pieces have dissolved.
  • Pour into a mug and top with cocoa powder, tiny sugar stars and a marshmallow-heart (I used a cookie-cutter to get the heart-shape)
Now lean back and enjoy your me-time and for once don't worry about calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment